The first day of the challenge went great. It was actually quite easy to stick with while I was at work. I was even able to avoid donuts in the break room which is basically impossible for me to do normally. The breakfast shake did a great job of keeping me full until lunch time. Without my coffee in the morning my stomach felt a lot better. This made it easier to concentrate at work.
Daily Meal Plan:
- Breakfast: Protein shake (two scoops of protein powder, half a scoop of fiber boost, one scoop of green balance, packet of digestion plus, 1 cup of strawberries and 9 ounces of almond milk.
- Morning drink: Fizz Stick (mixed in 12 ounces of water)
- Lunch: Protein shake (two scoops of protein powder and 16 ounces of almond milk) and almonds
- Afternoon drink: Fizz Stick (mixed in 12 ounces of water)
- Supper: Salad, chicken and fried rice.
- Herbal tea before bed.
I have been kind of prepping myself before I started this challenge so that my body doesn’t go into a huge shock after starting. I started by eliminating pop and cutting back on the amount of coffee I was drinking. Then I watched the amount of sugar that I ate and tried to limit it.
After work I was a little hungry so I had some more almonds to hold me off until supper. For supper I had a salad and then chicken and rice. I started to crave some sweets before bed but I was able to ignore it and drank some herbal tea.
After the first day I realized that the hardest part for me is going to be avoiding sweets in the evenings after work. This weekend I am going to find some gluten free and dairy snacks that I can prep for next week.